INDIAN AGRICULTURE DATA SOURCES
The most the uncertain factor of Indian agriculture is "DATA". Corporates strive at best to gather and find data to find strategies and solutions
So where you will get data from?
Here I try to give some references where you can get relevant agricultural data
It is a comprehensive source for Indian agriculture statistics which is regularly updated. It provides authentic statistical information on sectors like agricultural education, agricultural export, agriculture census, agriculture prices, agricultural insurance, animal husbandry, agricultural marketing, horticulture production, agricultural wages and all other relevant agricultural statistics of India. It also provides agriculture-related news.
Promote sustainable and equitable agriculture and rural development through participative financial and non-financial interventions, innovations, technology and institutional development for securing prosperity. Browse reports for detailed info on agriculture and allied information
"Districts of India" is an endeavor of NIC to provide a comprehensive, accurate, reliable and one-stop source for the information about the Districts under various State/UT administrations in India. The objective behind the Portal is to provide single window access to the information and services being provided by the District Administrations of various States/UTs.
Browse for detail information on crop protection chemicals. Plant protection activities encompass activities aimed at minimizing crop losses due to pests through integrated pest management, plant quarantine, regulation of pesticides, locust warning & control and training in desert areas besides training and capacity building in plant protection.
It is envisaged to make available relevant information and services to the farming community and private sector through the use of information and communication technologies, to supplement the existing delivery channels provided for by the department. Farmers’ Portal is an endeavor in this direction to create a one-stop-shop for meeting all informational needs relating to Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries sectors production, sale/storage of an Indian farmer. With this Indian Farmer will not be required to sift through the maze of websites created for specific purposes.
is a platform for supporting Open Data initiative of Government of India. The portal is intended to be used by Government of India Ministries/ Departments their organizations to publish datasets, documents, services, tools and applications collected by them for public use. It intends to increase transparency in the functioning of Government and open avenues for many more innovative uses of Government Data to give a different perspective.
FAOSTAT provides free access to food and agriculture data for over 245 countries and territories and covers all FAO regional groupings from 1961 to the most recent year available
- IFFCO Live is information shared by IFFCO. One can expect the latest news, activities, and updates at a domestic and global level regarding Agri and Agri-allied sectors
- The site is all about the Indian society of agribusiness professional (ISAP) is a network of agriculture and allied sector professionals in India and developing countries which work for helping the farmers' community and address the rural- urban income gap.
- This site provides, information regarding tea and coffee- statistics (on production and sale), catalogs (of area- wise sale of different varieties of tea and coffee in India), market reports and TASI.
- This is the site by Food Corporation of India. It works for effective price support, food security, price stabilization and distribute food grains through the public distribution system for the benefit of both farmers and consumers.
- Fredisurti is a flower company specializing in flower seeds. This site offers garden consultancy and distributor for all kinds of seeds.
- Information on cotton, rice, wheat, oilseeds, pulses, spices, coffee, and tea. This site requires registration, login, and payment
This website on agriculture will lay stress on the agricultural sector, employment, opportunities, industrial sector, and infrastructure. The site also displays the plant protection information network, Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana, and national food security mission.
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is the world’s premier research organization dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science; improving the health and welfare of rice farmers and consumers; and protecting the rice-growing environment for future generations.
Extending necessary marketing support to the cotton growers in selling their kapas produce at most competitive prices in the various market yards in all cotton-growing States through timely intervention – beginning from day one of the kapas arrivals till the end of the season, procurement operations spread over more than 225 market yards in the country.
- Agricultural and processed food products export development authority (APEDA) is mandated with the responsibility of export promotion and development of the scheduled products like floriculture, fruits and vegetables, processed foods, organic foods, animal products, and cereals. In addition to this, APEDA is also responsible to monitor the export of some no -scheduled items such as basmati rice, wheat, and coarse grains and import of sugar.
- The website is of Department of Fertilizers, Govt. of India, gives information on complete details on Direct Benefit Transfer, and other aspects of fertilizers
- Ministry of food processing industries is the main central agency of the Government responsible for developing a strong and vibrant food processing sector; with a view to create increased job opportunities in rural areas, enable the farmers to reap benefit from modern technology, create a surplus for exports and stimulating demand for processed food.
National fertilizer ltd. is the second-largest producer of nitrogenous fertilizers in the country. They produce urea and fertilizers which are beneficial for all types of crops. Annual Reports are of a great source of information in the fertilizer industry
- This website gives in detail about fertilizer statistics in India, fertilizer prices and fertilizer marketing in India.
- This agricultural site shows new schemes related to farmers, facilities are given to them, latest techniques, new agri policies, quality control, use machines, insects/diseases of crop and much useful information's related to agriculture.
It aims to disseminate useful information about improved technology to the farming community and service providers in rural areas. It aims to create a a platform for different levels in the rural agricultural landscape - farmers, cooperatives and professional bodies, farm machinery vendors, fertilizer and chemical companies, insurance regulators and agronomists, consultants, and farm advisors.
- This website is a complete Agri - info system for Kerala. Information on farming practices, fertilizers & pesticides, planting material are available
This is basically a site consisting of all the workings and policy takes, report documents from the Ministry Of Rural Development, GOI. So, if a view on the Government’s performance on the overall development aspect in the rural sector is needed, one may consider this site to be of use. This site also releases news related to Centre-State collaboration/ activity related to Rural Development.
This is a site consisting of a daily trickle of news, press releases from the Press Information Bureau(PIB), GOI, not that all posted information is of interest but definitely a faster link to the policy decisions from the Ministry Of Agriculture can be useful to disseminate to the Agricultural/Extension Scientists.
ICT comes into play to gather a productive range of the audience, the Stakeholders in Agriculture, to collate infuse technology, knowledge and organizational structure into the scene. A site that gives a the comprehensive idea about the potential of ICT and what may form a vision for the Agricultural sector.
All matter related to the Ministry OF Commerce, GOI, is covered, with detailed policy documents attached to the Department, Contractual agreements with the International Organizations ( eg. WTO), and Press Releases covering the latest designs from the Department- all trade( international and Inter-state) regulations, and service-management, SEZ –related matter finds space.
Here you can find data on books related to Agri and allied sectors
- This website has a collection of various sites related to agriculture and have links to Govt. institution, agricultural universities, state links, and international organizations
- NEMALIPURI PRAVEEN KUMAR